Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Here is a wee update on my time at IHOP........

My time in Kansas City at the House of Prayer was really incredible,
it is hard to know where to start!
I arrived at the beginning of December really focused on pursuing
intimacy with Jesus. This was the perfect place to come!
I realised just how superficial my own walk with Him had
become, I had become more focused on externals, on looking
good on the outside. Misty Edwards (one of the worship leaders) summed
it up one night when she sung 'I don't want a name that I'm alive, if
I'm dead on the inside.'
I really want to ask forgiveness for sometimes 'giving a name that I
am alive', when the reality is that I have been pretty dead on the
inside. I was so convicted, and just cried out to Jesus for change,
for Him to awaken my heart.
The disciples were so undone by Jesus, that they were willing to be
martyred!! This truth challenged me a lot! I want to be so
passionately in love with Him that I am willing to be obedient no
matter the cost.
Another song that Misty Edwards sung had the lyrics - 'to know more
than a page, to feel your embrace....' Amen!!
Much of the worship at IHOP is prophetic - the worship leader will by
led by the Holy Spirit. Many times I felt God speaking to me
personally - it was amazing!

ONETHING is IHOP's yearly youth event. Initially I was not planning
to go but felt that Jesus was speaking to me about it when
journalling.
Oh my goodness - it was one of the most significant week-ends of my life!!
The teachers spoke with such a fire and passion. The messages were
alive with truths about holiness and intimacy, and the need for both
so that we don't get into legalism.
The worship was intense and really focused on drawing us up to the
Throne Room to worship.
On New Years Eve ONETHING ended at 11.30am, and THE CALL Kansas City
began which ran from 12pm - 12am - into 2008.
I have never been at anything like this in my life! The Call is a
movement emphasizing prayer, worship and fasting for spiritual
breakthrough.
Lou Engle, a modern day John the Baptist has pioneered these events
all across the US, (and now worldwide) calling thousands of young
people to fast, pray and repent for individual sins as well as the
sins of the church and the nation. I had to leave shortly after it
started to meet someone who I was saving a seat for. When I came back
in there were young people all over the hall
(over 20,00) weeping and crying out to God for His mercy on America!
It was like nothing I have ever experienced. I received such a burden
for the US, and felt so privileged to be a part of what God was doing.
I began to understand more and more in my heart just how much God
hates sin, how it grieves him, and how necessary it is to be a praying
people - praying for His mercy on our land and the people in it. I
know a lot about the God of love but not much about the God of
justice........
Lou Engle talked about the 50 million babies which have been murdered
by abortion in the States alone.
He spoke of the impending judgement which is due, that God loves
babies and there is an urgent need for people to take their
intercessory place before the Throne pleading for His mercy.
He quoted Ruth Graham – 'if God does not judge America He must
apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.' Wiao - very challenging.

This event, my time at IHOP coupled with the Omega Course which I was
studying (as I had missed most of the sessions at Jubilee) has
signposted a turning point in my life. I really trust that I will
never be the same again....... It is all too easy to get caught up
'in the cares of this world'. I pray that by the grace of God I am on
a journey that has only just begun.

My plans for this year are not definite yet, am trusting God - that He
will lead and guide my steps. I know that He is faithful.

Lots of love
Sara Victoria

2 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

Wow Sarah,

It sounds like God is definitely doing great stuff in your life. I pray that this will be an awesome year of growth for you and one where you will experience so much of God's holiness as well as close intimacy with Him.

I love you.

Ash xxx

4:54 PM  
Blogger Fawnsita said...

you should update anytime now

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home