Tuesday, January 08, 2008

OTHER THINGS I HAVE BEEN UP TO IN STRATFORD………..
In Stratford, the house of prayer runs from Monday 6am until Friday at noon. Myself and a lady called Karen Doyle cover the on-call on Monday’s ensuring that there is cover from Monday 8am until Tuesday at 8am. The interns are required to spend a minimum of 12 hours per week here although I have not been able to do as much in the past few months due to other commitments.


I help out with some things at the Bootsma’s home when either John or Patricia are travelling, along with Marta which I have really enjoyed. John & Patricia’s kids are awesome, and it has been a privilege to get to know them and spend time with them.



This is Lisa Bellsmith. She is the administrator at Jubilee amongst many other things! Depending on the day, you can also find her counselling, teaching, hosting or in the kitchen tidying! I have been working with her more since September and have learnt a lot from her.


I am currently doing a DVD course called Omega. (as part of my internship) This is a quote from IHOP re the course; ‘There is coming a time when life as we know it will be forever changed. The Bible describes it as a time of great trouble and gives us much information on how to survive and even thrive in this time. The Omega Course is designed to help us prepare our heart for the days to come. Mike Bickle gives a broad overview of the End Times in describing the people, places and events that matter most at the end of the age.’ I have been really shocked, challenged, impacted and driven to pursue the truth for myself from the Bible through this teaching – I would thoroughly recommend it. I can honestly say that I will never be the same after hearing these teachings. I am checking out the scriptures, and while I do have some questions – I am seeing my eyes being opened to what Mike Bickle is teaching.


September 2007 – November 2008
I volunteered with the Stratford House of Blessing to help with a weekly cooking class for young adults with special needs. Myself and a lady called Christine ran the course, and we had 3 regular attendees, Teresa, Karen and Judy. It was great getting to know them. A couple from Jubilee called Norman & Florence Kehl started the House of Blessing. All the services are free; there is a food, clothing and furniture bank as well as many programs like the cooking class to help people in the community. They also have a maternity home which offers accommodation to young girls who are pregnant and have no-where to go. A pastor and his wife live with the girls and support them during their pregnancy and for some months after the baby is born. They then help the girls to get established back into the community. Norman and Florence are such an inspiration to me – they love so unconditionally – they truly love like Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home