Monday, May 21, 2007

Here are some summer pics of Stratford.... including a black swan! Didn't know
they had black ones!




Last Monday night we had a leaving party for Jamie
(the girl on the left) who has been here since February.
She works for the theatre in Stratford designing the costumes
for the productions. All the costumes are finished now, so she
is going back home to Nanaimo, British Columbia.
Jamie loves Tofu, so we had Italian Tofu. I had never had it before - it
was quite nice!



I recently decided to take Glory-Anna (the youngest of the children
I have been babysitting) to the River Avon to feed the
swans. We had some corn - I should tell all you swan lovers
that bread is not good for them! (We have signs at the river telling
us not to give them bread, but corn and greens.)
We had a lovely time - and I took some photos.
However......just after this photo, the swan started to attack me!!
It came at me with its big orange beak and started biting my leg!
They are huge when they straighten those big long necks.......
It was quite scary - I wasn't hurt though.
And I have forgiven the swan!


Last week we had a mini tornado with lots of thunder and lightening.
It came on so suddenly! One minute it was really sunny and bright, and the
next there was a major storm. We got all the kids in, closed the windows,
brought all the garden furniture inside and watched the storm outside from the
comfort of our own living room. The photo does not do it justice though........
This is outside the front door of the house where I am living right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home