Thursday, February 15, 2007

My internship is coming together, and I am being scheduled
into the different departments.
This has been my week.....
On Monday work continued on the house, and in the evening
we went to hear some guys in the church who play in a
band practicing.


On Tuesday, all the interns met up with Patricia
(who heads up the intern program) and had a meeting,
where we shared our heart for the year and our goals
for the internship. There are about 10 interns altogether.
After the meeting, Patricia took us all out for lunch
to a Chinese buffet, and after this was guitar lessons.
I am not sure whether to take lessons or to concentrate
more on the piano..... One of the interns is giving lesssons
so I may have a lesson every 2 weeks.

On Tuesday night Tania & I had our first meal on our new stove!!
It is great to have it! I cooked potatoes and carrots -
oh how I have missed the potatoes!
Andrew & Jont'ue joined us....... (below)


On Wednesday, the new interns had a meeting with Steve, the
Kids Pastor, and with Lisa, the Administrator.
I will be working with kids 0-5 on Sundays, and will be working
in the office every Thursday.
In the afternoon, I was in the House of Prayer for 2 hours and then
was child-minding while an event was running in the church in
the evening.

Today was my first day in the office!
I have been given the responsibility of updating the weekly
bulletin, as well as answering the telephones.
Lisa is sooooo nice and has been really helpful.
This is my updated bulletin!!



Tonight I helped out with Kids Connect which is from 6.30pm -
8.30pm every Thursday. There are about 12 kids that come and
we play games with them, sing songs, pray with them, teach them
and do craft. Tonight we were painting! It was messy!
But the kids all enjoyed it.

I am off to the House of Prayer in about 40 mins for my shift.
It really is such an amazing place.
Tomorrow is Youth, and House of Prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home