Monday, February 05, 2007

I have arrived in Stratford! John, Evelyn & Amy drove
me to Jubilee Christian Fellowship (the church where
I am interning) yesterday.
I have had such a good time at John & Evelyn's place.
I arrived there 4 August, and left 4 February - exactly 6

months later. They have been so good to me and
treated me just like a part of their family. Thanks guys!

On Saturday night, we celebrated Amy's birthday which
is in February since I will not be there.
These are some pics....




We arrived in Stratford in time for the church service
and afterwards stayed for lunch.
Then I moved my mountain of 'stuff'
into the intern house.
The house is having some work done to it this week,
so I will be staying with the pastor and his family until
next Sunday.


This is my house - I think that my room is going to
be the one on the top right hand side.

The weather yesterday was pretty intense!
It snowed all day and it was really
windy, the
temperature getting down as low as -30
with the wind-chill factor.
Today wasn't so bad, but was probably around -15 to -17.
I spent today with Marta (who is also an intern, and
lives with the pastors, helping with their children).
Marta is from Sweden and I met her at TACF on the
School of Ministry. This is a picture of us together taken
last September. Look at my hair!!!

The kids are great fun - I love them already!
Today was a 'snow day.' Because of
the bad weather the school was closed. Marta & I
took the kids tobogganing - it was so much fun!
I have never done it before!
Tonight I visited the Stratford house of prayer which
Jubilee Church are very involved in - I will be
spending a minimum of 2 hours there every day.
I was there for about 2 1/2 hours.
It's purpose is simply to offer worship to God 24 hours
a day, 7 days a week! It is amazing hearing how young
people are coming and just wanting to stay in the
presence of God! One of the interns stayed all last night
and didn't want to leave this morning!

Anyways, I do not have my full schedule yet, I should
have that soon, I will keep you posted.
I start tomorrow at 10am and am off to the house of
prayer for a few hours, and then will be at the church
in the afternoon.
Where I am living there is wireless internet - after next
Sunday, am not sure what my internet access will be.....

Lots of love
:o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home