Monday, September 18, 2006



I watched this movie on Saturday night.
It is one of the most impacting movies I have ever seen.
It is about Corrie ten Boom - for those of you who
have never heard of her - you need to watch this movie!
She along with her father and sister were Christians in
Nazi occupied Holland during the 2nd World War,
and they felt God calling them to hide Jews in their
house to prevent them being deported to the
concentration camps.
Their house was raided by the Nazi's, and Corrie and her
sister were taken to a concentration camp.
However, despite their suffering they lived like Jesus
in the camp and spoke of His love forgiving
those who were treating them so badly.
I really saw how true strength is on the inside - and is
the result of a two-way relationship with God.
Thank you Jesus for making this possible............
Once we really know Him, we will be willing to
do anything for Him.
Corrie was asked by an inmate in the concentration
camp - "If you have such a loving God - why are you here?"
She answered "to be obedient".
She also said at another time - 'suffering does not mean that
God loves us any less, Jesus came to this earth and
suffered an excrutiating death on the cross for each one of us.'
Lots to think about..................

1 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

Hi Sara,

I love that story - I haven't seen the movie, but I read the book before I became a Christian, and it really spoke to me.

Love you,
Ash x

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home