Monday, September 11, 2006

The past week has been quiet here at the farm.
I have been having great God time, and I know that
this time of drawing close to Him is so right. I just
love Him so much, and am looking forward to the next few months.
God is so real and so interested in each of our lives - it is mind-blowing!!

Leanne, Evelyn's neice and I have been looking after the place.
Evelyn & John are due back from their holidays in a week.
They have driven all the way accross Canada and into the US
for 2 weddings and to see their son Terrence who lives in Alberta.
John loves driving apparently - good job really as they have
covered a lot of miles.
Leanne is a great cook - this is her and one of her own pear pies!
I also made more scones - they were nearly edible this time, at
least they looked the part.........



Amy came to stay at the week-end. She went for a walk
and came back with this huge mushroom!! Isn't it massive!


I have been having lots of great walks with my doggie friends.
I had a few other pics but they won't upload!
The country-side is really green because of all the rain.
It has reminded me a lot of N Ireland recently!
It is starting to get colder here, summer seems to definately be over.



In church on Sunday evenings, I have started a course called -
Renovation of the Heart. It is about becoming more like Jesus.
We watch a video, and then the pastor leads a discussion time.
It is for the next 13 weeks, and I know that it will be challenging.



There is a supermarket here called No Frills. I was doing some shopping
last week and a lady overheard my accent and we got chatting.
She moved here from Portadown in N. Ireland 30 years ago.
She has invited me round for dinner! The Irish certainly are a
hospitable lot!

This is my brother abseiling down the side of the Europa Hotel, Belfast.
I'm very proud! He sent me the photo today. Looks quite scary!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

Wow that mushroom is massive!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home